Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 30: Sunday, 4/5/15, Lockhart, TX (61º at 6:30 am) to La Grange, TX (66º at 1:00 pm) 60 miles, elevation changes: +1824/-2044.

HAPPY EASTER! I got off as early as I have ever left, 7:25 am because the weather forecast is for possible heavier rain this afternoon (although it hasn’t started as of 2:15 pm and luckily doesn’t look like it will). It was again overcast and humid with a light drizzle falling when I left. I just pushed along pacing myself as usual. It rained lightly, off and on, as I rode. We are in TX farm country with many herds of goats, sheep, and cattle. I didn’t see many crops growing except some corn. It was an uneventful day.

Bike stats: 60.9 miles ridden in four hours and 20 minutes of actual biking, averaging 14.0 mph with a top speed of 27.5 mph.

Highlights:
  • The beautiful flowers in the fields! I think the blue flowers are blue bonnets. I don’t know name of the orange flowers.
  • Riding true back country roads. There was very little traffic on Easter Sunday. It was a great riding day except for the weather. 

A field of blue bonnets.


 A field of blue bonnets mixed with orange flowers.


My first sighting of TX big horned steers.


Make it a great day!

John


No comments:

Post a Comment